Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Is It Vandalism?

When I did my first few tags, a pesky voice in my head asked, "Is this vandalism?" Would people be angry that I was infringing on public property?  That concern quickly vanished when I saw that these little dabs of color in the landscape seemed to radiate good energy.  My feeling was confirmed when several neighbors made enthusiastic comments. Notice that "Ahem" acquired more layers.

 









So I started thinking of yarn tagging as an attempt to counteract the visual pollution that we're so used to. For example, not far from "Ahem" is this ugly sign announcing that a cellphone antenna is going to be installed, and it's been there for two months!  










On my walk one damp morning I discovered dozens of shimmering webs, and decided that this little green spider was my mentor.  These little guys have been adding fiber art to the landscape for millennea.   











No comments:

Post a Comment