Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dog Tag and The Universe Provides


We had the pleasure of this lovely little house guest for a week; how could I resist doing a yarn tag?  His name is Charlie and he's very good about posing.  I've been wanting to design a dog sweater that is easy to put on and this one is.  It buttons under the chin and on the side.  It's crocheted from a 4-ply yarn, starting at the back.  I went around the buttonholes with red embroidery thread so they show up better. Very quick to make and I think he likes it.  I tried adding a hood just for cuteness but it didn't work out. 






 



 

   

The universe provides!

The Santa Barbara Fiber Arts Guild had their wonderful Fiber Frenzy sale, and I was being SO careful to pick out only a few "necessary" yarns. When I had almost made it to the check-out safely, I spotted four huge bags of Red Heart, for $5 each. Everything from Sickly Sweet Pink to Disgusting Gold; skillfully combined they're awesome.  There's something so primal about buying so much yarn that you can't even carry it to your car in one trip.   

 I also found a bag with 1.5 POUNDS of hand dyed sport-weight wool yarn for $10.  It was in one huge hank which I put over a large trash can in order to wind it into balls. Of course this took ridiculously long, but I'll do anything for a beautiful yarn.  I'm thinking about Daybreak or one of those great Ravelry shawl patterns for it.  




 







No comments:

Post a Comment