Saturday, October 17, 2009

B and C:Bodice and Chameleon









When I first considered tagging, I loved the idea of putting my little creations out in public for people to discover randomly, a fun surprise.  But for me art is a form of communication, and I felt the need for a bit of connection with my "audience".   My first answer to that need is to start this blog.  My second solution is to place tags where my friends will see them.  



My second tag is Bodice,  fashioned from a very happy Red Heart variegated yarn, with a purple ruffle at the top.   I'll confess a great delight in using Red Heart, which is like the junk food of the yarn world--super cheap, disgusting synthetic texture but tough as nails, and screaming bright color combinations which entice me like an illegal substance.  What better yarn could there be to stand up to the abuses of weather, birds, and stares by clueless people?

Bodice is along Vala Dr., very easy to find from the picture.


Chameleon, as the name suggests, was designed to blend in with its surroundings.  It's on Via Bolzano, along the side of a driveway.  It's knitted in a wave stitch.   Fun trying out different yarns and stitches on such a small, instant gratification piece. 



 







 


1 comment: