Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baby Stuff


Our furry little houseguest, Charlie, (see last post) brought his family along with him--our son Alex, his wife Jaimie, and their OOMBBIW (my original abbreviation, short for One Of the Most Beautiful Babies In the World).  His name is Ryan, age 9 months.  I'm completely under his spell and will do anything he asks (even worse than beautiful yarn).  Unfortunately, this toy didn't withstand his quality control testing.  I made it in basket class by coiling knit material around a cotton core.  He quickly found the outer join, and started to uncoil it.

 




This is the latest of many hats I've made for Ryan.  It's from a free pattern on ravelry.com called the Kurbis Baby Hat, done in Lorna's Laces worsted (very soft and nice to work with).  It will look 100% cuter on him, so I'll post that picture when I have one.  Hope he doesn't get snatched up by mistake at the  Pumpkin Patch.  

Next are booties made from felted sweaters.  Jaimie bought the pattern on etsy.com, called Whimsical Booties.  The button is fake; they're held shut with velcro.  The design is very good but I could offer some important suggestions in terms of the instructions.  If you're interested, leave me a comment with your contact info.

And here's a picture of the little angel himself.  Can you see why I'm his complete slave?!  I think part of the reason he looks so happy is that he has some of the most wonderful parents around.  Check out their blog: mfamilytales.blogspot.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment