Tuesday, November 10, 2009

K and L:Karma and Lattice

 

We came out to have breakfast one morning, and look what we found growing on this chair!  Looks as if the yarntags are working their way into the house.  I have a feeling that this is just the start of what may appear here. It was dubbed "Karma" for the nice energy it brings. 

Real story: my inspiration for this bit of tagging is a knitting-embellished chair by Karen Searle called "Homage to the Goddess".  It’s on the cover of her book, "Knitting Art".  It took a bit of searching to find just the right chair, but this one has great curves and a nicely worn finish. 

Who says yarntagging can’t be practical?!  Even our most pragmatic neighbors seem to like "Lattice" and the useful information it provides.  The front panel is knitted and the sides are crocheted. 

 

 

 

No, this isn’t a yarntag for the fence, it’s a shawl/scarf knitted as a gift.  The pattern is on ravelry.com; it’s called Silk Kerchief.  It’s all garter stitch and very fun to knit as it alternates two rows of a solid color (burgandy) with two rows of a vareigated (browns/pinks).  I used dk weight yarn and a sz.7 needle to keep it loose.  I ordered the vareigated from handpaintedyarns.com--beautiful colors and very reasonable prices.  
  

This is Rupert the Owl, crocheted from a pattern I purchased on ravelry.com.  He was just resting temporarily in our little apricot tree, but has since become the pet of Baby Ryan.  This tree looks so happy holding him that I might need to make another to roost here permanently.

I’ll readily confess that creating this blog has been very challenging for me since it involves learning so many new computer skills.  However, the challenge was compounded by the quirks of Blogspot, including losing the entire text of this post TWICE, for no apparent reason.  Does anyone else find this program difficult to use?  My heartfelt appreciation goes to my son Roger for finding "Live Writer", a program which allows me to compose the post and import it to the blog very easily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment