Saturday, December 5, 2009

T: Tree Sweater

 

The tree sweater first appeared in print in a Seattle newspaper in 2005, the brainchild of knitter Erica Barcott.  Since then it’s been a popular one, and expanded to covers for entire trees. 

My first attempt at a tree sweater resides right outside our kitchen window (there’s something to be said for easy access, especially when the project requires numerous fittings!).  Our lemon tree was more than happy to wear it.

IMG_4607

 

IMG_4610

Just in case you’re one of those observant people who notices small details like dates on postings, you might be wondering why I’ve done seven in one day.  The simple answer is that it’s hard to stop making things long enough to work on this blog, which is very challenging for me (but getting easier).  The longer I wait, the more photos I have to sort through...  who wouldn’t rather be knitting than dealing with all of that?!  But I love sharing it with all of you, so it’s worth trying to cozy up to a little technology.  :j

No comments:

Post a Comment