Friday, December 4, 2009

Q: Quartet

 

This project wasn’t a Mission Impossible, but let’s call it Mission Difficult.  It took FOUR visits to the site to get it right.  The site is great--on top of a steep bank next to Foothill Rd. at Duncan.  And there’s a little road that takes me right up there. 

On the first attempt, I put up a little crocheted square which was just too hard to see from the road below.  So I returned another day intending to add something higher, and realized I couldn’t reach it.  A different day I brought not only a step ladder, but a taller person as well.  And that’s not the end of it!

IMG_4618 IMG_4616

Here’s my friend Amber (Peter’s girlfriend) bravely installing the four pieces of "Quartet".  She did a great job!IMG_4620

They look like nautical flags, or like Indian prayer flags.  However, you can see that we sewed them on the wire with yarn.  By the next day, they had all slid down into a little bunch near the yellow plastic sleeve.  So I made one last (I hope) visit, and went over the yarn very tightly with wire. This project took some perseverance, but I think it was worth it.  Here’s what it looks like from the street below.  IMG_4623  IMG_4632

No comments:

Post a Comment